Bondage positions and techniques
Revision as of 15:32, 18 March 2012 by Leafman
This article contains a list of articles on bondage covering bondage techniques, bondage position, and equipment used.
- Advice: Bondage
- Advice: Predicament bondage
- Bondage - General article introducing the subject.
- Bondage rope harness
- Bondage: Safety
- Chair bondage
- Crotch ropes - a rope harness tied around the hips and groin
- Device bondage
- Forniphilia - Human furniture
- Hogcuff - variant on the hogtie position using handcuffs
- Hogstrap - variant on the hogtie position using straps
- Hogtie bondage - implementation of the hogtie
- Honour bondage - Controlling a sub's freedom of movement by means other than physical restraint.
- Monoglove hogtie - variant on the hogtie position using a monoglove
- Predicament bondage - the bound person has two choices, both unpleasant, and usually oscillates between them
- Rope bondage
- Rope dresses
- Self bondage
- Shibari Japanese style of sexual bondage
- Shinju Japanese style of rope harness
- Steel bondage - handcuffs and other metal equipment
- Strict bondage - generic term for thorough, inescapable bondage
- Suspended hogtie
- Suspension bondage
- Underwater bondage
- Ball tie - tying into a ball with the knees pressed against the chest, the ankles against the buttocks and the arms behind the back or against the shins
- Bottom bondage - tying up the buttocks
- Box hogtie - combines box tie and hogtie
- Box tie - tying the arms behind the back, wrist to elbow
- Breast bondage - various ways to tie up breasts
- Chicken-wing tie - holding the arms bent double
- Elbow bondage - arms behind you, elbows tied - maybe touching
- Frogtie - ankle on each side is tied to its corresponding thigh
- G-string tie - a method of bondage popularised by John Willie; he regarded it as exceptionally difficult to escape from
- Hair bondage - fixing ropes to the hair and using them to fix the head in position
- Hammerlock - arm tied so that it is held behind the person's back with the hand pulled as near as possible to the person's neck or shoulder
- Head bondage
- Hogtie - a classic bondage position
- Jackknife - body folded double
- Kneeling hogtie
- Lotus tie - binding the lower legs so that they point in opposite directions
- Over-arm tie - Wrists tied together then brought over the head and tied to waist
- Pretzel hogtie - a particularly stringent hogtie, unsuitable for beginners
- Reverse prayer position
- Savage fold, also known as lotus fold
- Shibari (a Japanese bondage style, also called Kinbaku and Nawa shibari)
- Spread hogtie
- Suspension bow and Inverted bow
- Vertical hogtie
The article SM equipment has a large and more extensive listing.
- Armbinder or monoglove holds the arms together behind the back
- Bondage bed
- Bondage belt
- Bondage cuffs
- Bondage mittens
- Fetters - restraints around the feet or ankles
- Monoglove - type of armbinder
- Panic snaps
- Sleep sack
- Spreader bar
- St Andrews cross
- Thigh cuffs - designed specially for the upper thigh
- Midori, Craig Morey, The Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage, Greenery Press, 2001. ISBN 1890159387.
- Wiseman, Jay (2000). Erotic Bondage Handbook. Oakland: Greenery Press. ISBN 1890159131.
- Master "K", 2004. Shibari, the Art of Japanese Bondage. Brussels: Glitter. ISBN 9080770620.
- Two Knotty Boys, Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes, Green Candy Press, ISBN 978-1-931160-49-0
- rare.ropemarks.com Pay site. There is also a Wipipedia article on RopeMarks.
- Japanese Bondage site. Techniques discussed.
- House of Gord's forniphilia FAQ page
- www.esinem.com A London based bondage expert who runs regular courses